Our whole family starts nearly every day with this thick, delicious smoothie.I tried this recipe today and it was good. I did use regular yogurt instead of honey, maple syrup or white sugar and it still came out good. I also omitted the wheat germ because I didn’t have that either and I also added fat free milk to make it a little thinner. I used fresh strawberries and bananas.
Delicious and great for breakfast! I love finding ways to use wheat germ so this was perfect. To cut down on the fat and calories but not on the taste I used non-fat Greek yogurt.
I used fresh strawberries instead of frozen. I also used an non-fat Greek yogurt which was something new for me, but delicious nonetheless. I didn’t have any wheat germ so I put in a little flax seed instead. This was great and I’m definitely thinking about making it for breakfasts. i found this very thick, so much so that it was impossible to blend without adding some liquid. It is also very sweet, although the flavor is great.
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY BANANA YOGURT SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 heaping cups fresh strawberries, hulled and rinsed
- 1 firm banana, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tsp honey, maple syrup or white sugar (plus more to taste)
- 1 cup of ice (optional)
- Drop all of the ingredients into the blender jar and blend on the highest speed for 40 seconds. Serve immediately.