I’ve looked and looked for a recipe for scallops that was tasty yet elegant. I searched through 30 recipes and out of those I got ideas and came up with this. Nice recipe but 3 minutes per side for scallops is way too long! Scallops will cook in half that time or less. I did make some changes tho. I wrapped the scallops in prosciutto. Then I combined olive oil, lemon zest, salt, pepper and a bit of lemon juice. Brushed that on the scallops (both sides) just before broiling them. I made sauce as written and I added spinach. I will definitely be making this again 🙂
I thought this was definitly a keeper! Only changed one thing. The sauce did have to be thickened, and I did so with butter and flour. Did it separately then added it to the mustard Cream Sauce.his recipe was so delicious! I doubled it and even added in the 4 oz of cream with the cornstarch but I still had to simmer for quite a while to get it to thicken. No problem though – just will remember it for next time. :o) Other than that it was fab and tasty!
SEARED SCALLOPS IN A CAJUN MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE
Pretty good. The cream ended up quite liquid and not quite thick enough. Otherwise, tasty and easy.The sauce is definitely what makes this dish! The scallops are not really the star of the dish as it’s just simple in flavors. The cream sauce is drinkable! If I was having bread, I would love to have a baguette to dip the remainder in. If you have any of the sauce left over, I would recommend pouring over some steamed clams or mussels.
My family has also been making this for years! One tip: recently I made this with cream cheese and cherry pie filling to set properly. Still tastes good, but if you want it to set in a reasonable amount of time, you must use the regular version
This is absolutely the best cheesecake in the world. My family fights over it. We used to save it for special occasions but now we make it year round. It’s a soft, no-bake version of cheesecake with vanilla wafer crumbs added to make it fluffy…not like regular cheesecake.
If you have a hard time finding Dream Whip, you can cut out the milk and use one small container Cool Whip instead and still get the same end result. I like to make this lighter by using light Cool Whip, reduced fat cream cheese and light cherry pie filling.
These are really great! I have a three year old who I have had to put on a gluten free and casein free diet and he hasn’t eaten anything else in two days and when I made these he couldn’t get enough! Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this recipe.
I didn’t have coconut or almond flour so I used brown rice flour instead and ground almond rather than flour. I added a teaspoon of baking soda to give it a bit more fluffiness and they came out fantastic! Really tasty. Even my husband and I enjoyed them!
BREAKFAST BAKED SWEET POTATOES WITH ALMOND BUTTER, BANANA & CHIA
2 medium DOLE sweet potatoes, washed
2 tablespoons natural almond butter
1 DOLE banana, sliced
2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Use a fork to poke several holes in the sweet potatoes, then place on prepared baking sheet and roast sweet potatoes for 45 minutes-1 hour or until fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Once ready to eat, split the warm sweet potatoes open with a knife and sprinkle with a tiny bit of sea salt. Next drizzle 1 tablespoon of almond butter, 1 teaspoon of chia along with banana slices and finally a sprinkle of cinnamon in each sweet potato. Serve immediately.
This is a great recipe! Easy and very tasty. Very nice on a chilly autumn day. Although, I did do a few alterations. I lined the pie plate with parchment paper, allowing the excess to stand up on the sides.
After inverting the pie I allowed the pie to cool for about 20 minutes and removed the parchment paper. The wonderful pecan mixture was also on the sides like icing. It was beautiful and the pie plate was completely clean. Finished off with a caramel sauce. The family loved it. A new favorite!!
UPSIDE DOWN CHEESECAWKE APPLE PIE!
Prepared pie crusts for a double crust pie (such as Pillsbury) or your favorite pie crust recipe
2 x 8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about ⅛”)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
caramel sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a pie pan with the bottom pie crust.
- With mixer on high, combine cream cheese, ½ cup sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add in eggs and mix until combined. Pour cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.
- In large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, ½ cup sugar, flour and cinnamon. Gently place apples on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Top apples with second pie crust turning the crust inwards to bake. Cut a few small slits into the top of the pie.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and place the pie on the pan. Cover loosely with a piece of foil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the apples feel soft when a knife is inserted. Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes.
- Place a large plate over the top of the pie and flip it upside down releasing the pie onto the plate. Cool 1 hour on the countertop and then refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Serve cold with caramel sauce.
This may be one of the best cheesecakes I have ever made. I was having a houseload of people so I made this in advance and put it in the freezer, because I had so many things to prepare and it was outstanding! Just thaw for approximately 15-20 minutes before serving. Remember to whip the cream and fold in already whipped. This could be why some are having difficulty. This easily deserves a 5 star. I used Raspberry pie filling as the topping and drizzled hot fudge sauce on top before freezing. Next time I will make with Cherry pie filling as recommended.
CHEESECAKE DESSERT TACOS!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
6 large Flour Tortillas
Oil for frying
Graham crumbs (optional, this makes it a bit messy but tastes great)
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can pie filling (any flavor)
- Using a 3.5″ circle cutter, cut out circles from your tortillas. You should get about 5 from each tortilla. (You can use any size cutter but this was the perfect size for a 2-3 bite taco).
- Heat about 1½” of oil in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Use a little scrap of tortilla to put in the oil and make sure it’s good & bubbly.
- Using tongs, place one circle in the oil for about 5 seconds. Flip it over and fold it in half holding it folded for about 5 seconds or until browned. Flip over and fry the other side until crispy. Immediately remove from the oil giving it a little shake and place into the graham crumbs if using.
- Set on a pan to cool. You can leave these at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Cream together cream cheese and lemon juice until soft.
- Add whipping cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes. Add in sugar beat until stiff and fluffy. Place in a ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into each taco. Top with pie filling and serve.
My family enjoyed them hot out of the oven but I prefer them frozen…We eat a lot of chick peas in our family so this was just another way to cook/bake with them! Didn’t taste the chick peas at all. I shared with other friends and they were a hit as well – and they are not chick pea fans. I made the recipe as is.
I am so surprised at how good these taste. I could never get my family to eat chick peas..ever!! They were begging for more. I made mini muffins and baked them for 10 minutes. They did have a slight coconut taste but I did not ice them. Definitely will make these again.
Perfectly moist on the inside and you’d never know that they had chickpeas in them. Not at all dry and i followed the recipe exact not altering anything!!! definitely recommend. Oh just make sure your baking soda doesn’t contain wheat starch or any sort of wheat which would counter act the fact these are gluten free! Absolutely delicious!
MEXICAN HOT CHOCOLATE GLUTEN FREE CUPCAKES
4 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
6 tbsp unsalted butter – softened
1 cup white sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 jar of Marshmallow Fluff
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup cocoa powder
5 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 package of hot chocolate marshmallows
The crust seemed to need more sugar. My mother said all she could taste was butter. “Two lemons, juiced” is vauge and unfortunately my bars turned out with very little lemon flavor to them. It would be helpful to know the amount of juice to extract.
My mother always made these when I was a kid, now I make them all the time! They have a buttery crust and gooey delicious lemon filling. In the filling we use 1 cups of sugar. I bake mine 18-20 min for the crust and an additional 25 with the filling (you want the filling slightly golden brown–a little too long in the oven is better than not long enough). Dust with powdered sugar while they are still warm so it will stick.
This really is the best. Nice little crunch on the bottom and a nice tangy flavor. I’ll make this one again! (I didn’t have any lemons, so I used 2 Tablespoons lemon zest. Turned out great.)
BEST LEMON BARS
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- For the Filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar, and butter together until a soft dough forms.
- Press the dough into a foil lined 8×8 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, beat the filling ingredients until light and frothy.
- Pour onto the hot crust and bake for another 20-25 minutes. Remove and let cool completely. They will set up as they cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar right before serving. Makes 16 bars.